The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to undergraduate members of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. who attend an accredited four (4) year degree granting university/college.
This scholarship is based on financial need, academic performance, leadership potential and participation in fraternal initiatives on a local, provincial and/or national level. Scholarships are awarded and/or renewed annually provided funding is available.
- Candidate for consideration must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (Overall).
- Candidate must be at least a full credit Junior in an accredited university under with a working chapter that is in good standing with the educational institution that they matriculate.
- Seeking a degree in the Marketing field or a field similar.
- Experience in marketing that includes trades show participation, branding, and advertisement will be scored heavily.
- Examples confirming your skills as a strategic thinker in marketing is essential.
- Experience with new product introductions will be considered as a value add for this award.
- Strong written and oral communication skills is a must.
- Conceptual understanding of marketing.
- The capability to show leadership of an organization, work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies; communicates & translates functional/operational goals into team goals.
- Pursuit at minimum of a Bachelors degree is required. General market experience or understanding would be deem itself to be additional value added for this award.
Scholarship Award/Amount: $1,000 annually
Complete and scan application Michael A. Burgess Marketing Scholarship
Obtain and scan Official Transcript
Complete all requirements (i.e. Essay, Resume, etc.) listed above and scan
Submit all aforementioned items to the email address listed below
Application Submission Deadline: September 15th, 2016
Award Notification: October 2016
Application and supporting documents should be scanned & emailed to following address:
All questions and inquiries should be made to the following:
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE DUE DATE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Scholarship Selection Disclaimer: The Dream Builders Foundation Scholarship selection is a competitive process. Although a candidate (new or returning) may meet the minimum criteria, that does not guarantee an award. The Selection Committee reserves the privilege to grant or deny an award to any applicant for any and all donor awards based on the rules of the selection process and the criteria established by the donor. The amount of assistance awarded is determined by the Selection Committee for each applicant. If after submitting a truthful application, a student attends a college that differs from the college listed on this application, the awarded amount may change.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. THE APPLICANT IS EXPECTED TO PRESENT VERIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT (i.e. letter from University Registrars) BEFORE PAYMENT IS GRANTED.